Aug. 21, 2015 (Mimesis Law) — Happy Friday, people. Here are your links.
- An autopsy report shows that Mansur Ball-Bay was fatally shot in the back by St. Louis PD earlier this week.
- A New Jersey grand jury decided not to bring charges against two officers who fatally shot unarmed Jerame Reid at a traffic stop in December 2014.
- An Occupy Wall Street protester sprayed by officers with pepper spray in 2011 can sue NYPD for excessive force.
- Oakland police released body cam footage in connection with the two fatal shootings on Wednesday.
- Baltimore officer Wesley Cagle, recently indicted for attempted murder in the shooting of Michael Johansen, has his bail set at $1M.
- 13 Cleveland police officers involved in a massive and deadly car chase in 2012 face internal charges (mostly suspensions). The chase culminated in Officer Michael Brelo jumping onto the hood of a car and shooting Timothy Russell and Malissa Williams to death. A judge cleared Brelo of manslaughter earlier this year.
- Mary Holmes has filed a civil suit alleging police brutality after she was tear gassed by MBTA employees in Boston. Holmes called 911 after witnessing two employees harassing an elderly black woman. The two then turned on her.
- A middle aged man has died after an “altercation” with Tuscaloosa police on Thursday evening. More information to be released.